Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Impromptu 5k!

The boys (all three of them) went to in in-law's house to help them out so I got a day to myself!  I woke up with a stomach ache, probably from all the crap food I ate last night!  So I had a slow start to the day.  I started looking for virtual races because I'd love to do a 5k each month and didn't have one for this month yet.  Now, I've been doing at least 3 miles on the elliptical or treadmill 3 times a week but I like to do the 5k for awareness or in honor of someone/something.  I came across the same virtual run I did last year but forgot all about it.  I turned the Run for Sherry into my virtual 5k for this month and it worked great!  The weather was chilly but the sun was in and out so I decided to skip the gym and just run around the neighborhood.

It felt to get outside again.  I felt a little rusty and could feel a difference in my knees but it wasn't too bad.  I did a run/walk routine for the 3.11 miles.  I ran 2 minutes and walked 1 minute and it seemed to break it up a bit.  I was impressed to hear that it only took me 12:46 min to do the first mile!!!  I slowed down for the other two miles though.
Just about to finish



I'm happy to have a workout in, now I can get ready to go to dinner and drinks with my girlfriends!

No comments:

Post a Comment