Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hope Run 5k

I had this great post written up and went to add another picture and it deleted over half of my post.  Grrrr!!!!
.
I've been searching for a race that benefits childhood cancer so I could do it in honor of my cousin, Nolan.  Then I remembered the one last year that I wasn't able to attend because it was the same day as Ryan's birthday party.  So on Saturday, I registered for the Hope Run 5k!  I put a shout out on Facebook and InstaGram and have about 5 people that are doing it with me, I'm hoping that some more friends and family will join me by April! It benefits the American Childhood Cancer Organization and although it benefits the kids in the Northwest (not Nolan) I still feel it will help and is a great way to honor him.



I'm not sure if I've shared his story here or not.  Nolan is my 16 year old cousin who lives in Nebraska (He's actually my 2nd cousin, I am cousins with his mom).  January 2012 he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma.  In 9 months he did 18 chemo treatments and 5 surgeries (2 that consisted of a full knee replacement and a steel rod in replace of his femur).  The kid is tough!!!  In September he celebrated his final chemo treatment and the staff at the hospital threw him a party.  He went back in for his 3 month check up last month and got heartbreaking news.  They found a spot in his lung that wasn't there before.  They did surgery a couple weeks ago to remove it.  Unfortunately the biopsy came back with bad news, it was cancer.  Nolan has remained incredibly strong through all of this, I'm not sure how he does it.  Currently they are in Hawaii enjoying some family time, compliments of the Make a Wish Foundation.  When they get back I'm assuming they'll figure out a plan of action for his treaments.


Nolan has touched many lives in his short 16 years of life!  The outpouring of support that he has received is absolutely amazing!!  He was even trending on twitter (#teamzeke) and received shout outs from celebrities. The news did several stories on him too.  Nolan may have lost his hair (which is back now but the boys always picture him with no hair like when we saw him this summer), his right knee and femur but the one thing he hasn't lost is his beautiful smile.  He is an absolute inspiration to me and I can't wait to run this race in his honor!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment