Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Frostbite 5k

One of my besties, Lyndsey and I did the Frostbite 5k this morning.  I woke up thinking, “I do not want to jog today!”  We got some freezing rain last night and the roads were icky.  Lyndsey picked me up and off we went.

I wore some new running pants that I got and I immediately regretted it.  They were WAY too long and I had to hold them up for most of the race….note to self!

image

We started off with a  jog for half a mile.  We walked, then jogged a bit, walked more and then finished the last half mile.  The roads were plowed but full of slush and puddles of water.  My said pants were dragging and soaking it all up.  My shoes were soaked ant I practically splashed with each step IN my shoe. 

image
(I hate this picture, my legs look huge!  The race itself didn’t take pictures but I found these here.)

We finished in 49 minutes, not my best pace but that’s ok.  Despite the cold wet weather we still had a good time!!!  And we burned 600 calories!image

And the shirt…

01.21.12

2 comments:

  1. Ugh freezing rain. That kept me inside all week since those of us in Seattle can't cope. I was planning on going to a 5k this weekend and then skipped because of the weather..so kudos to you for getting out there and doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I am so proud of you! Remember how nerve-racking it was the first time you did a 5k? Now it's just a weekend past time!

    ReplyDelete