Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Game On! Diet/Challenge

As I mentioned in a previous post, I ran across the Game On!.Diet while on the internet one night.  I was searching for something to do to mix up my fitness/diet routine.  I am tired of being stuck right around 220 and want/need to get past it!

Basically, I love the idea.  Let me tell you why,
  • Encourages friendly competition in weight loss
  • Eat five small meals per day
  • Earn points for sleeping, eating, exercising and drinking water
  • Earn points for exercising 20 minutes per day six days a week
  • Extensive details on foods to eat and avoid given to eliminate confusion

I love the competition part of it, I think it sounds fun.  I asked my bestie if she wants to join me but she isn't interested at this time, no worries.  I've thought about putting something on facebook about it but haven't taken that step yet.  The blog I found the info on is going to do another challenge in May.  I left a comment on Jennifer's blog and she quickly got back to me about it.  If I can't find a friend to do it with then I'll just join her challenge and hope that others do too.  I read up some more on it and I'm not sure if I can follow the food plan that they have in the book (The meals must not contain any of the "F.L.A.B.B." (fat-loading and belly-bloating) foods including all fried foods, high-fat/processed meats, anything made with refined sugar and white flour, butter, margarine, whole-fat cheese, cream, dried fruit and fruit juice.  Ummm, no wonder my stomach is fat AND Flabby!!!) I'd love to say that I could but honestly, I would be one crabby lady with no coffee creamer!!!  I read somewhere that someone did WW during the competition so I might try that again.  

Eat five small meals per day.  Ok, you don't have to tell me twice!  

I can definitely benefit from getting 7 hours of sleep!  I drink a lot of water so this one shouldn't be a problem at all for me.

20 min of exercise per day shouldn't be hard at all, well except for maybe on the weekends.  But if and when I do this, I'm really going to do it so there will be no excuses!


I also love the old and new habits. I've already started a list of things I want to start and stop.  I think the first one will be to stop weighing myself everyday, I hate that this has become a habit.  I'm excited to not only lose weight (hopefully) but to also change my life, mentally and physically.

They say that you will lose 1% of your weight each week.  I can deal with that!  :)


So, are you in?!  Wish me luck!


I joined an online group for the diet but can't figure out how to navigate through it yet.  I'm really looking forward to starting my first challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Go you! I hope you are able to gain some new good habits and leave behind some of the bad habits you want to get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you are going to join us.

    ReplyDelete