Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

First ever Cherry Pickers Trot

We did it!  We completed our first ever Cherry Pickers’ Trot!

I brought Zack’s portable DVD player to entertain him.  Ryan usually just sits and enjoys the ride so I didn’t worry about him.  He was antsy and wanted out and fussed the first mile  or so.  I’m not sure how many people were there but there were A LOT!  Since we were walking and had a stroller we lined up in the back. 

IMG_5330IMG_5338

There were people along the road to cheer us on.

IMG_5342

Yep, definitely not going the speed limit!

IMG_5343

I was right, there was 1 mile of down hill and then another mile of uphill.  The downhill was hard, surprisingly enough.  I had 65 lbs of dead weight in the stroller and it wanted to go down faster than me, much faster.  The uphill at the end wasn’t as bad as I expected.  There was a small hill less than a mile in that I wasn’t expecting.  Oh.my.goodness!!  I really thought I was going to pass out before getting to the top.  I had walked and jogged up until the hill and was trying to go my normal pace up it.  Wrong idea!  Remember those 65 lbs that I was talking about?  Ya, they are tough to push going up a good size incline.  Oh and not fun either!  So I slowed down and let others go around me because there was no way in hell I was going to pass out on the course!

(somehow missed mile one)

IMG_5347

We stopped after the 2 mi mark because we had to use the restroom.  There was a bit of a wait which slowed us down but it was nice to catch my breath!  Zack walked up part of the last hill and even pushed Ryan for a few minutes. 

IMG_5355IMG_5360IMG_5364IMG_5370IMG_5373

Before we knew it we were at the end!  I really didn’t care about our time, I was just glad to have accomplished it.  Maybe next year I’ll beat it!  (I say I because I will be doing it alone, no stroller pushing!!)  Smile

IMG_5375IMG_5385

IMG_5394

We didn’t get home until 9:30pm, I am one tired Momma!  My legs are pretty sore, I can only imagine how they’ll feel tomorrow.  What a great workout!  Sure felt like I burned more than 317 calories though.  Winking smile

image

No comments:

Post a Comment