Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

C25K?

We spent pretty much all day at t friends house.  We basically sat on our butts and talked while our boys played.  We also ate and not the healthiest foods either.  When I got home I was tired but pushed through.  I had a salad with canned chicken on it and then the boys, Sadie and I headed out for a walk.  When I got outside I was inspired by my BFF, Sarah.  You see, she’s currently doing the C25K program to train for her upcoming Race for the Cure 5K in Omaha.  I couldn’t be more proud of her for doing this, for several reasons. 

I have looked at this training program several times and have been wanting to try it but just didn’t have the courage.  I figured what the heck and gave it a shot.  I wish I had one of those fancy phones that has an app for it, it would’ve made life much easier.  I used the stop watch on my phone and think I kept count accurately, in fact I think I did an extra run and walk.  It wasn’t too bad!  There were a couple times that I was looking at my stop watch wondering if I was close to being done with my 60 seconds.  But overall I enjoyed it.  I felt great when I got home, I even felt skinnier.  Does that ever happen to anyone else?  I’m hoping it reflects on the scale tomorrow. 

image

I did the C25K at the beginning of my walk and finished at about 1.5 miles.  I kept going and did a 2.29 mi walk.  I was going to post a picture after I finished by my MIL and BIL’s girlfriend stopped by so I didn’t get a chance to.  I was red and sweaty, I’m sure you can picture it.  Smile

The C25K program says to do it 3 days a week, giving you a day of rest between work outs.  That would mean that my next workout would be on Saturday.  I’m not sure what our plan are for that day yet.  If I am not able to get it in then I will likely start the C25K on Monday.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I am glad I could inspire you to take it on.

    An idea for keeping track of how many intervals you've completed -- could you get six small items (pennies, beans, bottle caps, marbles, etc) together. When you finish one interval move one of those items from one place to the other (pocket to pocket, bins on your stroller, etc).

    Maybe Zack could keep track for you?

    It does feel good to finish a workout! And I do know what you mean when you felt thinner. I felt like that yesterday -- that's why I was surprised when I gained this morning.

    ReplyDelete