Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

This and That

My legs are still killing me!  Thankfully a friend told me a trick to making it easier to go down stairs, turn around and go down backwards.  I was hesitant since I’m already a klutz, but it worked!!

We also went for a late walk.  I decided to change it up again and take a new route.  We walked down to a park near Wal-Mart.  I wanted to try this new route but decided since it was so late we’d save it for later.  Anyway, it took me 27 min to do the first stent, 1.42 miles.  The walk there is almost all down hill and a pretty steep hill.  Our new stroller doesn’t have a hand break so I got a good resistance training in.  Smile  The boys played for about a half hour before heading back.  I beat my previous time and did it in 25 min!  I was darn proud because this time it was almost all up hill.  I actually did some jogging and it helped my hurting legs (seriously hurts to the touch).  I was huffing and puffing when we got home from jogging down our road and I was hot and sweaty.  I consider it a good work out!

imageIMG_3518

My goal was to work out 3 times this week and have exceeded it.  I have done a 2+ mile walk 4 days this week (9.46 mi) and a video tape another day.  Not bad!  My mom is coming over tomorrow and I’m hoping to get a walk in with her and/or the 30 day.shred.  She’s up for doing it with me, oh boy!

I love that we have made an evening walk a part of our routine (on most days).  It makes me feel better and helps make the evening go by so much faster.  Plus it’s much easier for me to put them in the stroller and go, then my work out is done before they go to bed and I don’t have to work out after they go to bed, that time is mine!

On our walk to Fred Meyer last night I bought a new pair of shoes.  The thing I love the most about them is that they were only $17!  They were on clearance and then they were an additional 50% off, score!  My reward for my first goal is a new pair of shoes, I desperately need them!  I thought about putting them on for our walk home but Zack was sitting in the stroller so I couldn’t get them out.  I took that as a sign that I should wait until I hit my goal.  Can’t wait to try them out!

I haven’t been journaling my food so far.  I’m basically just trying to watch my portions and making smart decisions.  I’m trying to think ahead now.  I’m going to dinner/drinks with friends on Monday night.  I’ve looked at the menu and am trying to figure out what to get.  I will be having a beer since they make good microbrews but the food is difficult for me.  It’s like I have a devil on on shoulder and an angel on the other.  I know I need to eat healthy but I want to splurge and have something I shouldn’t, especially with a weigh in the next morning.

Speaking of weigh ins, I’ve been thinking of switching the day to Friday.  But I can’t decide.  I did Tuesdays because that’s what the weight loss challenge was doing.  But Fridays seem ideal because the weekend is most likely when I “mess up” and having a whole week to get back on track would be nice.  Thoughts?

Jim is coming home soon so my workouts will probably slow down for a bit.  I’m hoping that him being home won’t make a difference but we’ll see.  He is usually a good sport and will walk with me but it’s not at my pace or distance. 

And one more thing before I must go to bed.  For a while I’ve always washed my jeans and then hung dry them for two reasons #1 it makes them last longer but #2 so that they don’t shrink so I can still fit into them.  Well, the other day I washed my jeans and DRIED them!  I put them on this morning and they fit nicely.  When I hang dry them they’re starting to get very baggy after a half day or so.  It was a nice feeling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment