Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Race attire and other ramblings

I’m not sure if I mentioned it or not but Sarah and I are doing another activity challenge to get us through the holidays.  She created another awesome spreadsheet and called it the Holiday Hustle, love it!  It started Nov 13 and goes through Jan 7.  Thank you Sarah for putting it all together, I think this is exactly what I need to keep me held accountable!

Yesterday wasn’t a lazy day like I had planned.  I felt guilty about the amount of leaves in our yard so I decided to rake most of them.  We don’t have trees that have leaves so it irritates me to have to clean them up but it was a nice workout!  I ended up raking twice for about an hour each time, burning approx 500 calories each time.  Not too bad!  My forearms were paying for it last night though…ouch!

Then last night I went to Zumba with friends.  Ryan lasted the entire time in the daycare.  HORRAY!!!  I was anxious to see what the calories burned would be for the class and it averaged about 500 calories too.  Some times during that hour I was burning 10 cal/min! 

The boys were up quite a bit, wish I would’ve had the bugg on to see what I would’ve looked like.  I was extremely tired this morning!  Grr

Tomorrow I won’t get a workout in because Zack has a dr appt and then we have to head to my parent’s house so my mom and I can attend a dinner seminar.  The guest speaker is former Biggest Loser contestant, Abby Rike.  I’m pretty excited!  If I have enough energy afterwards maybe I’ll try to hit the gym while the boys are at my parent’s house but we’ll see.

My legs were super sore this morning.  I don’t know if it was from the raking or Zumba or possibly both?!  But to keep my jogging up before the race on Sat I did another treadmill jog.  I had started out wanting to try to jog for 40 min but gave up at 30 min.  I’m nervous that the 3.1 miles is going to kill me and I won’t make it.  I’m hoping that the other runners will help inspire me to keep running after 30 min.

Our forecast is calling for a storm tonight with 2-4 inches.  They say it’s supposed to rain on Thursday and melt it all away though. 

image

Then there is another storm coming on Friday.  The high on Saturday is supposed to be 25 degrees.  Yes people, you read that right TWENTY FIVE degrees!!!  And did you see the low…EIGHT?!  BRRRRRR!  

image

I’m really starting to regret signing up for this one for my first 5k to jog.  *Gulp*  I’m not sure how to dress for it.  I don’t want to freeze but I also don’t want to be too hot.  Any suggestions?!

Shark week has arrived, if you know what I mean. Winking smile So we’ll see what the scale says on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are excited about the Holiday Hustle! I actually got on the treadmill last night -- so did Walter, but that's a story for my blog.

    As for dressing appropriately...yikes! I know some people will bring or buy a cheapy jacket that they can wear at the beginning and throw away if they are too hot. You don't want to be carrying it with you of course, so that might be an option. Maybe you have something at home you would be willing to part with? Or maybe you could pick up a sweatshirt or jacket at Goodwill that you can throw off if you don't need it?

    And Shark Week can suck it.

    ReplyDelete