Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bloomsday 2012

Bloomsday was a blast!  I am already looking forward to next year.

I met my friend Kristen at her house at 8am and we piled in her van and drove downtown.  But not before stopping at Star.bucks.  I didn't have time to eat breakfast so I got a breakfast sandwich and my regular nonfat caramel macchiato. 
We got downtown, parked about a half mile away and met up with the rest of our group.  


The amount of people was unreal!
People's throw away shirts in the trees.  I'm not sure who picks them up or where they go but I saw a bum walking around scoping out the goods.  Hopefully they will keep someone warm!

Kristen's shirt in the tree

Waiting for the porta potty

Drag Queens!

Here we go!

They had 30+ bands along the way to keep us entertained.  These kids were pretty stinking good!


Gorgeous day!

The sea of people, it was insane!!!

Some of Spokane's finest



This group was hilarious!
 We weaved and bobbed our way through people.  About this time we passed a 92 year old man walking it with his walker, amazing!!
Up our first hill


It was warm but I definitely didn't feel like I needed this. 

This guy carried the flag the whole way, reminded me of my grandpa.

At mile 3 I thought I had a rock in my shoe.  When we stopped I realized there was no rock but a nice blister on the back of my foot. 

Our view while waiting for the porta potty

Ahh, relief!  Also, like the new shoes?  They were awesome (aside from the blister)




Going down a hill to get to Doomsday Hill (pictured in the background)

interesting!

The start of Doomsday Hill

It wasn't as bad as everyone makes it seem







Ummm, the beer and hot dog afterwards!



almost there!

Superman even does Bloomsday!

I turned the corner and saw the finish line so I started jogging

This time is off, this is from the very start of the race.

Kristen and Erika

Finishers!

The Spokane Falls

I was really looking forward to seeing how many steps I took on my bodybugg but the dang thing didn't work!!!!!  I am SO mad!
Here is my official Bloomsday stats.  Don't mind the wrong name, I was filling in for a friend of a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment