Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 Memorial Virtual 5k

On Saturday I participated in the 9/11 Memorial Virtual 5k.  It was cool out and overcast but it was a great morning for a run.  As I ran I thought about that day 12 years ago.  I found out at my dentist office just as I sat in the chair.  On the way to the dentist I didnt' hear anything because I had been listening to a CD from the Mark Wills concert that I had attended the night before.  When the dental assistant told me the news I couldn't believe it and really couldn't understand it.  I had no idea what the twin towers were at my young age of 20.  It's amazing how quickly you learn after tragedy hits!  We listened to the news on the overhead speakers and I was in disbelief!  When I got to work at the CU they already had a TV out and we all listened and watched as we attempted to work that day.  It is a day I will never forget!!

Knew I had a flag shirt for today and when I went to grab it it just happened to be from 2001.  Perfect!!!


My heart still breaks for those people and families that were directly affected that day.  As I ran I kept thinking how my right hip hurt but you know what, those people suffered much more hurt than I did and I can keep pushing on. 

Clouds to the left

and sunshine and clouds to the right

It had stormed over night and the path was still wet which made for a tricky run
It wasn't my best time but it wasn't bad either (very inconsistent though).  I was honored to take part in this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment