Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Interview

Lots of changes happening in our household right now.  My husband is switching careers and will be starting with the railroad on the 3rd.  Unfortunately, he has to take a pay cut in order to get his foot in the door.  It's a significant cut so that means that Momma has to get a job!

I have enjoyed my 7 years at home with my boys and I really don't want to return to work just yet.  Our plan was for me to return when our youngest is in school full time.  However, this opportunity came up and we jumped on it. 

I had an interview today with a local credit union which meant I had to miss weigh in, I will weigh in tomorrow.  My mom and I went shopping last night for a new shirt.  I had pants (which are getting big on me!), I just wanted something new for the interview.  I found this cute polka dot top on clearance at Kohl's.  I was pleased to see that all of the 2x shirts were too large now and so the one I bought was a 1x (and I almost think I could've gotten away with a XL).  That was a good feeling!  Maybe someday soon I'll be able to shop in the cute clothes section, where everything doesn't look old ladyish?! 

I felt good going into the interview.  I got the boys situated and then got to the CU early.  The interview was with the HR gal that I'd had a phone interview with and then the branch manager and assistant branch manager.  It was a little intimidating having three people in there.  I think it went ok but I really have no idea!  The hours aren't totally ideal but they will work.  I should hear back by next Friday at the latest. 




 To celebrate Jim's new job we decided to go to Red.Robin for dinner.  I had a hard time choosing from the menu because we don't go there that often.  I'm definitely more comfortable at Chili's.  ;)  However, I do like that they offer the "lettuce wrap it" option to their burgers.  So I got the Simply Grilled Chicken burger without the bun.  I ate my steak fries and also enjoyed a beer.  I calculated it all on their website and it was a total of 18 PP, not too shabby for all of that!  I am still full!
I am extremely nervous and stressed out about becoming a (PT) working Mom.  I was telling my BFF that I think that the stress of all of this might be helping my weight loss?!  I'm afraid I won't be able to balance it all.  Switching jobs and/or finding jobs is so much harder when you have kids!  The idea of daycare makes me nervous.  But juggling it all is what has me stressed out!!!  Any advice from my working mom friends would be incredibly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Routine, routine, routine... just figure out routines, and that will help make it all work easier. Fingers crossed that you get the job! You looked great, and way to go on your pants being bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you look great! Second, and I know I am sounding like a broken record here, but you can and will do this. You and Jim have juggled a lot of changes to the way your life and household are managed over the last few years. This too will be difficult at first, but you will figure it out. You will know when the right opportunity for you comes along and will do the best thing for your family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete