Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hot Summer Night 5k

 My friend Stella did the Hot Summer Nights 5k with me.  This was her first race and she rocked it!  I was sluggish and off my game (if I even have game?!).  Apparently I'm not used to running in 90* weather.  I walked way more than I normally do and was kinda disappointed even though I wasn't doing it to PR or anything.  I just was disappointed because I know I can do better.  Dang weather!




 This picture is hard to tell but this is the last hill before finishing.  It's seriously a doozie!  We walked up it and I had to stop twice because I felt light headed and like I was going to faint and I wasn't even breathing heavy.

I've never been so glad to be done with a race...even running in the snow, slush and rain!  My Mapmyrun app said it was 3.65 mi which is off and makes me question all of my other runs.  see the proof that it was 90* at 7pm?!  WTF?!

HOT!!!!!

but we did it!
 Afterwards we grabbed a cookie and headed over to Twigs for drinks and dinner.  I had the half chicken fajita salad and it was delicious!!!!  I had one bite of those bread triangles and that was it.

Despite the hot temps, it was a fun race!!!  Next Wednesday is supposed to be even hotter so I think I'm going to skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment