Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hope Run 5k

I was nervous for days leading up to the race.  My weather app kept saying that it was going to be cold and rainy.  So when I woke up and saw this, I was relieved!


Mom and Natosha picked me up and we headed to the course.  The sun was out but BRRRRR it was cold! The wind was blowing like crazy and 37*.  But...I was glad that there was no rain!  We were all freezing but really it wasn't bad.  Kids with cancer go through SO much more than what we did, so really it was the least I could do!

We met up with 5 other friends that came to support Team Zeke!  It felt so great to have all of these ladies in support of a good cause.  We used the restroom and lined up after taking a group photo.

The race was on the Children of the Sun trail.  I've been on it before but not where were.  I didn't realize how HILLY the course was.  Oh.my.goodness!  I ran with my friend Amber since we seemed to have the same pace.  We power walked most of the hills.  My legs were cold and not used to running in 3+ weeks!  Just before the turn around point there were some killer hills!  Going down was easy to run down but I could feel the burn walking up them!!!
going downhill

I couldn't capture how steep the hills were!
Go Stef!!!


Mom and Tosh

We finished in 44:20.  Not too shabby for not doing much before!  I was proud of the time.  Stef and Crystal were waiting for me at the finish line and kindly cheered me on.  I stuck around and waited for Mom and Tosh and then jetted over to Zack's first soccer game (which was adorable!).

Go Team Zeke!
I really liked the shirt!  Today was chilly so I had to wear another tech shirt underneath.



So then they posted that some of the early pictures were posted.  I checked them out and honestly was disgusted!  I texted my mom and asked if I honestly looked like that in person?!  I mean I know that I'm overweight but I do not feel like I look like this.  I know running pictures (we finished hard and actually ran that bit of the trail that you can see behind me) are not flattering and being next to Amber who is smaller than me isn't flattering either but come on!!!

I texted my BFF and told her that I need to do something more because these pictures are NOT ok!  She was kind and told me that I am doing something, I was running!  Thanks Sarah, you were right...thank you!

I am going to use these pictures as inspiration... I DO not want to look like this anymore!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment