Goals

5% - 227.8 (-11.99)
10% - 215.8 (-23.98)
15% - 203.8 (-35.97)
20% - 191.8 (-47.96)
25% - 179.8 (-59.95)
30% - 167.8 (-71.94)

final goal weight:
160 - 180 lbs
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5k

The timing of this race was ironic!  Jim's Uncle Don lost his battle with his brain tumor on Tuesday.  I was more than honored to run this race for him!!!


Jim's sister wanted to do it with me but then after Don's passing decided to stay home with their mom and dad.  So I braved it and went alone.  This was my first 5k that I've done alone.  I kinda liked it that way.  I went my own pace and didn't worry about slowing anyone down.  But at the same time it's also kind of nice to have someone to chat with.



I did however run into a preschool mom friend, Abby.  Her and her husband were doing bike patrol for the race.  So good to see her and isn't she stinking cute?!

The first half mile was all down hill so I ran the entire way.  It was great...until I realized the rest of the way was pretty much up hill.

Here we go!


Some was a steep incline others weren't or were flat.






Beautiful views of the Spokane River



The course was some of the same as the Color Vibe I did last summer but only reverse.

Thank you security for your presence!

The course was at one of our local community colleges.  Aren't these houses/apartments cute?

at about 3 miles


I finished in 44:50 and was pretty proud!  I love the encouragement that Mapmyrun gave me.  :)  I also loved the finish line of this race.  People were standing there cheering everyone on which made me even run harder.  Loved the support!!





Finished!  (in the porta potty)
On my way home I refueled with a free coffee from Dutch Bros and then hit up a neighborhood yard sale.


I plan to make this race a yearly event in Don's honor.  I'm hoping to get more family involvement as well, we'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment